Consistency thy name Rafa

 


Yet another French open win. His 13th French open title and 20th grand slam win. 

No wonder he is called as Clay King. It was the year 2005 when he made his mark at the French Open. I was pursuing my Masters of Philosophy in Psychology (M Phil), diligently working on my Thesis. It was the same year when I met my life partner. Quite an eventful year. 

It's 2020. A lot has changed since then. I got married and moved cities. Mumbai changed me as a person-I became more independent and confident. I began my fitness journey, got hooked to gymming, met an entirely different set of people who became my friends. Over the years, my old connections dissipated like smoke. Some relationships were no longer serving any purpose. They were getting toxic and I wasn't getting the due respect. I decided to let go.

 My health took a beating and I almost experienced the feeling of being on death bed. Running came into my life and led me to a new direction. I met a like minded community, made friends and it opened a new world altogether.  I became a mother. I found my true calling in journalism, moved countries, ventured into creative writing and triathlons. Today I have authored a book and am pursuing my Master of Fine Arts in Writing at one of the top tier universities. It is said change is the only constant. 

One thing that has remained constant in a literal sense is Rafa winning the French Open title even in 2020. What I admire in him is his ability to remain focused, consistent and bounce back after a setback. I read his book Rafa:My story many years ago and found it inspiring. If given a chance, I'd like to revisit that book again as reading about sports personalities give that much needed dose of inspiration. 

The world may change in the next few years. And I hope to see Rafa still winning the French Open! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

The Call of the Wild : Movie review