Freedom

 







This was around the time when the world was normal. Running events were being held both in cities and on trails. 

I had run a half marathon on a particular trail in Fremont, wearing a T shirt with the colors of the Indian Flag. I felt free and alive, feeling the bush of wind on my face. I savored every stride with a breath of fresh air. There was no fear of a dreaded unseen enemy. I fellas free as a horse galloping in the meadows. 

Today is the Indian independence day. India had fought the British back then to attain this sense of freedom. And today the world is fighting a deadly virus. I am still waiting for that day when we can actually celebrate the real Independence Day. 

A day when the world is declared free from the clutches of Corona. A day when things go back to the old normal. A day when this phase would become just a lesson in the history books going down the future. 
That day will embark a new Independence Day, not for one country but for the entire world and the human race. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

My friend Ganesha: Friendship with God