In Blues

 




Ever since my Master of Fine arts in writing program commenced in August 2020, it has been an intense period. The reading, writing and critiquing has been challenging. In October alone, I had finished reading 12 books.  Simultaneously I was also promoting my book-A Turbulent Mind, by doing some sessions with book clubs virtually. Besides I was beginning to face the zoom fatigue-headaches and dizziness of constantly staring at the screen. At my partner's request, I decided to relax by watching sports, some Netflix series and movies. 

My mornings started of with a good dose of Vitamin C (C for Cricket), thanks to the IPL matches. The icing on the cake was seeing your favorite team in top form. Mumbai Indians has been consistent throughout the tournament. It was also a pleasure to see Delhi capitals and RCB do well. Watching any sport is therapeutic for me. Back in 2018, when I was going through a low phase in July, watching the football world cup Cup helped in melting the blues away. 

Hoping to see MI coveted as champions for the 5th time next Tuesday. It would be good to see either DC or RCB in the finals. I am looking forward to the next 2 games before the big day. Yes there are those stuck up naysayers who talk as though watching IPL is beneath their dignity. In my opinion, its pure entertainment which is equally needed to relax those nerves. If they can watch hideous television shows, Cricket shouldn't be an issue. I suppose its each to his/her own. 

Nevertheless, I am going to continue get my share of entertainment without which I'd turn into a grumpy old hag.  Hoping for blue supremacy next week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

My friend Ganesha: Friendship with God