National Wine Day: A poem


On the occasion of National Wine day (May 25(, I have coined a poem on my favorite red wine.

What wouldn’t  I do 
For a glass of wine 
Red is what I prefer 
In the evenings when I dine. 

At Napa valley 
It was the last time 
Two months gone 
And not a sip of wine. 

The world has shut down 
With the Corona Quarantine
Low intensity and high risk 
The doctors said no wine. 

I miss being in high spirits 
Every weekend after a run
An occasional sip wouldn’t hurt
What life without a bit of fun?

The runners high no more
No triathlons no races
No library no meetings 
They say it’s just a phase. 

Will life ever be normal 
Will there be a vaccine 
Will there be outings 
It remains to be seen. 

All I can do is dream
That things will be fine 
When I can finally celebrate 
With a sip of red wine.
-- 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

The Call of the Wild : Movie review