My book-a dream come true!!


Show time! Its that moment when your dream actually becomes a reality. A dummy copy of my book arrived from India.

A Turbulent Mind is published by ThewritePlace (Crossword bookstore). Its about my triathlon journey where I address my fear of open water, struggles, hitting all time lows, battling inner demons, overcoming inhibitions and finally go on to do the Ironman 70.3 race within a year's time. The book also sees my crazy adventures in California which includes a blind date with a triathlon. It has been endorsed by Padmashree Shiny Wilson, former Indian athlete and Bob Anderson, founder and publisher of runners' world magazine. 

The idea was conceptualized sometime in early 2019. Triathlon as a sport was picking up in India. Goa had also conducted its first edition of the Ironman 70.3 race in October 2019. I had worked on the manuscript whole of 2019, taking feedback from my cohort and professors at Stanford. I signed the contract in February 2020, just before the lockdown. There was a lot of to and fro with the editor and the months of hard work has paid off. 

I keep pinching myself to see if its a dream. Its the same feeling that I encountered when I crossed the finish line of the Ironman 70.3 race in September 2018, for the first time. I had attained a new identity of an Ironwoman. With this copy of the book, I have attained another identity-that of an author.  Hope this is just the beginning and that I write more books in varied genres. 

The book is slated to release sometime in August. It will be available in all the Crossword bookstores across India and yes even online. 

I sincerely hope and pray that people will buy, read and post/share their reviews. Unfortunately due to the current situation, I am unable to travel to India for my launch. Once things get better, I'll be happy to come down and  sign personal copies. I guess I'll have to do a virtual launch. Hoping things get better by end of this year or early 2021. 

In the meantime, watch out for this space. Will update once the book releases in the stores.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

My friend Ganesha: Friendship with God