Why do you run:Global running day

On the occasion of global running day, penned down a poem which addresses the rhetorical question that runners often get asked. Why do you run? 

Why do you run
A question so rhetoric
Makes me grimace 
That I reach for a gin and tonic.
Often asked by a non runner to a runner
Sometimes in a curious way,sometimes critical
This fail to understand us runners
Their comments get caustic and clinical.
To which I reply
I run because it’s fun
To experience the endorphins
That comes with being exposed to the sun.
I run because
It keeps me stable and sane
It keeps the worries at bay
As I cruise on the roads and lane.
I run because
It makes me feel happy
It keeps me fit and fine
My mind so agile and far from being snappy.
I run because
It gives me a community
Of like minded folks
And helps me gain a new identity.
I run because
I see and learn new things
That refreshes my curious mind
To grow new wings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

The Call of the Wild : Movie review