Enchanted by the Woods : Word Prompt


Wrote this based on a word prompt by my writing group and also after my hike yesterday. 

Enchanted by the woods

So dark and deep
The trees so tall
Their trunks towering over
That made me feel small. 

Taking the road less travelled
Rocky roads and muddy trails
Swept by hues of blues & greens
I watched the ducks sail.

White flowers and webbed feet
Adorned on the moss of green
Like a painting on canvas
Reflections of nature was seen. 

Branches coiled around like serpents 
A bright way of beam
Seeping through the leaves 
Misty and enchanting like a dream. 

Swept away by its spell 
Mesmerized and in glee
How I wish I could bask forever 
In this joyful moment that would never flee. 

Just another Sunday it was
Yet I could feel the magic
With every rustle, every sound
The language of the woods defied logic.

-- 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

My friend Ganesha: Friendship with God