Boredom and retrospection

It isn’t often that I end up getting bored, but when I do then God help me. In fact I ensure that I have something or the other to look forward to just to keep my spirits up and going. Be it a social gathering, outing, movies, sports, books or a weekend getaway. I just got back from an enthralling holiday and what made it special was the scuba diving experience.

Unfortunately my health factor took a toll and I ended up with a dreadful viral which stalled my routine completely. I couldn’t step out of the house and needed ample rest before I resumed any sort of normal regime. Thankfully the IPL provided a great deal of entertainment in more than one way. Watching Cricket is something that always cheers me up not to mention the great start Mumbai Indians were faced with. However the last few days proved to be a disaster with the wash outs due to the rains which I’m sure ended up as a disappointing fare for all of us here in India. Why couldn’t they have checked the weather forecast before shifting the venue?

To make matters worse the multiplex issue with the film industry with regard to revenue sharing has stalled most releases. So no new movies till the problem is resolved which I’m hoping is soon. Being a movie buff, life without it seems unimaginable. Unless I resort to DVDs on a temporary basis. Still nothing can beat the thrill of watching it on big screen. Now there seems to be an uncertainty in the IPL games as well.

Somehow I was looking forward to the break from school. Counselling is draining on the mind added to the distance commuted which is almost an hour. This break was actually what I was looking for to catch up on a lot of things. Guess I must start looking for alternatives to keep boredom at bay. Made a list of books to read already. Added to that is a lot of articles, columnists views which get a skip due to my hectic schedules. This gives me ample opportunity to concentrate on my pending write ups for this website. Plus started hitting the gym vigorously now that my health is back to normal. Maybe I could plan a couple of quick getaways in and around Mumbai amidst nature. My creativity needs to be awakened to work on ideas for my Dad’s 60th birthday and fast as I have just about 2 weeks.

As I pondered for a while, I realized there was something else I could do which is sure to beat the heat as well. My enthralling under water experience left me so spell bound that I vowed to come back and get certified as a diver so that I could venture out on my own during my next vacation by the sea. I discovered such an institution in this city which offered such courses and I am all geared up to find out more and enrol myself into it. Hopefully I end up as a certified diver which I’m sure is not going to be a piece of cake. Yet the challenging aspect to it is bound to drive me to do my best. So praying that everything works well. Well things seem to be looking better already!!!

Another thing I vow to do is to practise my keyboard which I haven’t done in ages. Just a month till work resumes after which it’s back to the grind. Till then I’m going to start gearing up for some recreational activities and quality time for myself. After all I do believe that solitary confinement on a temporary basis is an essential contrivance to revitalise the soul!! Only temporary as I’m looking forward to catching up with friends in the meanwhile!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

The Call of the Wild : Movie review