Secret Santa

 


Just as we finished setting up the Christmas Tree, I heard a thud outside the door. When I opened it, I was delighted to find a present from my secret Santa. 

Secret Santa is an initiative taken by my book club-Did you read today around Christmas time, every year. Each one of us are assigned a Santee to whom we would be sending a book with a hand written note, signed from secret Santa. 

Just last week, I was making a list of things to do this Winter Break, before my Spring semester starts in January. One was to read more books in the fantasy genre, take part in the MRR Xmas challenge where we workout continuously for 12 days wearing Christmas colors, starting from December 25th, finish watching The Crown on Netflix, catch some NFL games, the India-Australia test match (hopefully it isn't another disaster) write a couple of short stories and also spend some time for my own book promotions. I had downloaded the Throne Glass series on kindle and was looking forward to reading it. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find a book belonging to the fantasy genre as my present from Secret Santa, along with a thoughtful note.  





I have heard good reviews about this title from my book club folks and am very eager to start reading it now. Currently I just finished a Christmassy book by Nora Roberts and halfway through the 2020 Main Booker Prize winner-Shuggie Bain. After that I plan on finishing the Barnes and Noble book of the year-World of Wonders' and then get around to reading 'The Amulet of Samarkand'. Can't wait to get immersed into a magical world. 

Thank you Secret Santa and Merry Christmas. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

My friend Ganesha: Friendship with God