A life on our planet : Review

 


Recently I have begun a watch documentaries on Netflix about nature. I have always enjoyed being amidst nature and I strongly believe that nature nurtures those who embrace it. After watching the endearing My Octopus Teacher recently, I watched A life on our planet by David Attenborough. 

This documentary chronicles the perils of global warming that is on the verge of destroying our planet. This in turn,  has an impact on the lives of several species and their chances of becoming extinct are greater. From the Arctic to the forests to the oceans, he talks about his concerns and emphasizes on taking steps to restore biodiversity. It’s important to learn to co exist with other species as they too are a vital part of this world. The planet isn’t just for humans. He takes us through some heartrending and appalling scenes of certain species meeting their end. 

This documentary left me spell bound. It’s thought provoking, insightful and informative. One line that stood out to me was when he says., If we take care of nature, nature will take care of us.  Which takes me back to a philosophy that I believe in and which I have mentioned at the beginning of this write up. 

This sure did leave me with some thoughts and made me retrace to some of the recent occurrences this year. The first being the fires in Australia that destroyed homes of several species. I could feel nothing but helplessness on seeing the images of the terrified koalas and kangaroos. What would it be like to have your home in flames? And then the recent fires in California which is the case every year. Again several homes were claimed. All because of climate change and global warming- something that we humans are responsible for. As Attenborough says, it’s not about saving planet earth, it’s about saving ourselves. Will we eventually be the cause of our own death? Only time will tell. 

This documentary is a must watch especially for those who love nature and the environment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

My friend Ganesha: Friendship with God