Icecream: Word prompt


Wrote this based on a word prompt..

The first time that I saw an icecream , I was on a merry go around ride at a mall.  I was 3 years old then.  From my little pony I spotted my mom holding a cone topped with a green blob. It looked delicious. As soon as I got off my ride, I rushed to my mom and demanded a bite from her cone. Later I learnt that it was pista flavor.

As the days went by, icecream became an integral part of my life.  Those different flavors melted in my mouth, literally speaking. Be it Chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and butterscotch. I soon relished the rainbow icecream which I learnt was called cassata.

Over the years ice cream became my favorite treat for doing well in studies. An A grade was rewarded with an icecream sandwich. This friendship continued over the years from being a comfort food to a dessert. Little that did I realize that it was this ball of ice and cream that would lead to the expansion of my waist line. Yet that didn’t stop me. The mere thought of eliminating icecream was unbearable. It didn’t stop me even when I had several root canals done.

It was only in my 30s that I was hit hard. Having been diagnosed with a certain chronic disease, I was forced to bid goodbye to this favorite food of mine as the ingredients aggrevated the symptoms.

Four years later, my daugher was born. When I saw her first tryst with icecream, I was transported back to my own childhood. Seeing her face smeared with chocolate icecream satiated my need for this delicious ball of ice and cream.  My friendship with this dessert was renewed through her.

Comments

KParthasarathi said…
A sweet and cool write up.
Whirlwind said…
Thanks KP

Popular posts from this blog

100 meters : Movie Review

The Chennai resistance

My friend Ganesha: Friendship with God