Friday, June 29, 2012

The Birthday Blast

Though my b'day was on the 27th, party celebrations began from 23rd onwards. It started with a get together with gym buddies followed by an enjoyable evening watching the Euro 2012 game between Spain and France. The next day was spent in my favorite mall where I caught up with a hilarious play titled Vagina Monologues. Monday and Tuesday seemed to fly. Tuesday night was spent in cutting the cake with my gym trainers and lots of animated chatter. The day dawned nice and bright with wishes pouring in. 

It started with a visit to Siddhi Vinayak and Mahalaxmi temple, where the almighty blessed and wished e as well. Post which I had a good cardio session at the gym. Treating myself to a Thai cuisine lunch, I took some rest and relaxed through the day. The evening was spent in the company of good friends over Haggen Dazs icecream and a movie. The next day depicted a rainy and a pleasant weather. Spent a great day with a good friend in a mall and caught up with a movie. And today its already the weekend. Can't believe its been a week of celebrations. Makes one wish that b'days could be an everyday affair. 

I have completed 31 years of my life. As years go by, by God's grace, I've only felt fitter and younger, thanks to my work out regime and diet. Look forward to life with the same enthusiasm I had when I was 25. The movies, the sports on TV, sports I play, gum, tennis, treks, books and  travel. I realize its the simplest things in life that give immense joy. And 31 is just a number.:-)

8 Comments:

Blogger KParthasarathi said...

A crowded week full of celebrations.Glad you had a great time.Best wishes

4:25 AM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thanks KP!

4:49 AM  
Blogger R.Ramakrishnan said...

wow ! A Birthday Week! Looks like you great fun,entertainment and celebrations. Wishing you many more happy returns of the day.Warm Regards.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thank you so much for your wishes.:-)

12:08 AM  
Anonymous sm said...

week full of wishes
great
best wishes

1:15 PM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thanks a lot!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Manivannan Sadasivam said...

Wondering how i missed wishing you akka...regrets!! But, happy to know u had a week long fun :-)

Also, the post on running was very inspiring...

Shri Rama Jeyam!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

lol no probs Mani! Thanks a lot for your wishes!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home