Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Chocolate Day

What initially was my best friend during my childhood days turned out to be my worst enemy as I grew older? I've always had a sweet tooth and indulged in chocolates for what seemed like eternity. Last few years however, having been bitten by the fitness bug, I had no choice but to bid this friendship goodbye. This also meant goodbye to the fat percentage and persisting tooth problems.

As I reflect back in times, these no doubt gave the needed feel good factor especially with exams around the corner or post exam results. A chocolate shake was what I needed to boost my spirits up. A chocolate cake was what I looked forward to when birthdays were around the corner. Swiss chocolates were an incentive for me to do well in my maths tests back in school. Despite severing ties, this old 'friend' of mine no doubt evokes sweet memories instead of leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.:)

Despite its several not so great side effects, this pal of mine continues to be a favourite among millions still. Both of us have seemed to move on in our respective ways yet I couldn't help remember this friend; especially today being world's chocolate day.

The saying goes:
Life is like a chocolate box, each chocolate is like a portion of life, some are crunchy, some are nutty, some are soft, but all are DELICIOUS.

Happy Chocolate day my long lost friend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SciReg said...

Oh, it is a great post! I really like it! ^_^

3:36 AM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thank you.:)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home