Thursday, December 31, 2009

Adios 2009


Every year seems like a lifetime and 2009 was no exception. A fabulous beginning only made me look forward to the year with a child like enthusiasm ready to explore the world and life. Change is inevitable and it amazed me as I discovered more and more as to how the only thing that was constant in life was change. As you plunge into different realm of things your personality too undergoes a transformation that dawns a realization on you a tad too late.

1st Quarter: January marked a trip to Chennai after a period of 4 months where I had a great time catching up with friends whom I hadn’t met in years. Professionally, my counselling was going well and earned a reasonably good name with the trustee. While February and March were stoic and steady, a few social get together managed to spruce up the lack lustre days. April perked up with a trip to Lakshadweep Islands. The exciting prospect lay in the fact having read about the same place back in our Geography lessons and actually visiting it at an age where appreciation of such places was at its peak. Not many have explored this place although its counterpart namely Andamans have been frequented by many. This trip gave me my first tryst with the underwater world. Never did I think I would plunge deep into the ocean only to experience a fairy tale like world out there. Scuba Diving was a surreal expedition which propelled me to take up a certified course back in Mumbai.

II Quarter: This stage was one with a lot of realization, growing up and another wonderful experience in the wild. Watched several movies and developed different perspectives on it. I turned a year older in June and also realized who were actually genuine and who weren’t. It was a phase of disappointments and dejections but also a time where new friends came into being. It was then I realized that they were probably God sent and were there to stay. Unlike those fair weathered ones who blow into your life like a breeze only to head into a different direction for good. Instilling my faith back into friendship and confidence into my personality, I was all set to enjoy some great moments. My trip to Kenya was the highlight of this quarter. Having visited my dream destination, I couldn’t have asked for more. The ten day trip was a real thrill and a fabulous tryst with wildlife. Observing them in their natural habitat, it was interesting to learn about their behaviour and lifestyle. Kenya was the true jewel of East Africa and makes you want to visit the place again.

III Quarter: A phase which seemed like two sides of the same coin. Exciting as I was still recovering from my Kenya trip, socializing was at its peak, met different people and realized how different I had become as a person. I was more confident of myself, attained peak fitness levels and altered my appearance by straightening my hair. Started parting a great deal and developed immense interest in House music. My interests increased and so did my frame of mind that I began to feel indifferent to a lot of things. However it turned to be sober as I realized how I had outgrown some people. A lot of restlessness crept in with confusion and stress. Such that I was down with viral fever. I’m still in the process of discovering drastic changes that have occurred and the sudden inertia that has engulfed over me. While the last two months have been a phase of brainstorming, cerebration and sorting out life’s dilemmas a good break came in the form of Goa and the Sunburn festival where I really let my hair down and partied the hours away.

As this year comes to an end, I look back to see immense change in my personal, social and spiritual self. I hope to resolve a few issues, get more focused on my professional front, maintain and work on my fitness levels and try and become a better person. So heres starting the new years on a positive note hoping that “aal izz well” as the song goes in the latest Bollywood flick called ‘3 Idiots’.
Happy new year !!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thanks!! Do keep visiting!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Amritbir Kaur said...

A nice summation of the past year...we should all do this exercise of analysing the past year when a new one is knocking at the door. This would also help us to understand ourselves in a much better way.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thanks Amritbir!!Reflecting back to the year helps in reflecting change in our personality and we get to know ourselves even better. Do keep visiting.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home