Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ganpati Bappa Morya

It’s that time of the year again when many prepare their homes for the arrival of the elephant faced God!! In Maharashtra, it’s a ten day festival where the lord is treated as a revered guest, pampering him with his favourite delicacies and a royal treatment.

One of my favourite Gods, he has always come to my rescue even in the most trying times. During my bouts of low especially my weekly visit to Siddhivinayak temple never fails to lift my spirits. It enables me to look at things with a positive outlook and makes me realize everything’s just going to be alright!! Though I thank him for whatever he has given me in my life, I look forward to tomorrow to show my immense gratitude for having stood by me always. Truly the one who removes obstacles; his blessings have ensured a smooth ride especially with regard to my travel plans.

Thank You Ganpati Bappa for everything. 2009 has been good so far. I am praying that you always stand by me through thick and thin.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger manivannan said...

Glad to know Ganesha is your favourite God. The writing was inspiring....Chennai is also in the festivity mood :-) I felt good seeing the picture...thanks for sharing!

Advance Vinayagar Chaturti wishes!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thanks Manivannan!!! Wishing you the same.:-)

9:47 PM  
Blogger A New Beginning said...

Its celebrated beautifully in Maharashtra.. Cheers to the festive spirit!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thanks Sana!!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home