Monday, October 30, 2006

Fair:yet not so lovely

Man was talking to a white man and said: I’m black. When I was born I was black. When I grew up I was black. When I'm sick I'm black. When I go in the sun I'm black. When I'm cold I'm black. When I die I'll still be black. But you, when you were born you were pink. When you grew up you were white. When you’re sick you're green. When you go in the sun you're red. When you're cold you're blue. When you die you'll be purple. And you have the nerve to call me colored.


So true.Colour of the skin is purely God's decision and not our's.In this racist world, people tend to judge others by the color of the skin, not realizing that beauty is after all only skindeep.Its a terrible misconception that only people who are fair,are the ones who are goodlooking.This is very common in the case of matrimonial alliances where the common expectation of the bride/groom is that she/he should be fair.So are all fair people the only ones who are goodlooking?Or are all the fair people the only ones who are the nicest? Not true.


This ignorance of people has resulted in bring about complex feelings among the individuals who do not possess a whitewashed look. Millions of women and men have suffered from a complex of being dark/wheatish for the fear of being rejected as prospective life partners. Not FAIR is it? A lot of upcoming Indian fashion icons like Bipasha Basu, who are not fair complexioned are still considered very beautiful.


The advertising field has also precipitated this feeling amongst the consumers by creating ad films, emphasizing the need to purchase fairness creams. This has thereby created a misconception of the fact that there exists a positive correlation between fair skin and success with regard to anything, whether its getting a break in films, attracting alliances, receiving approving glances from work colleagues or even a chance as a female commentator for a cricket match.


So let this message erase the false beliefs of people and open their minds into a broader perspective stating that beauty isn’t about the color of the skin and it isn't judged by one's skin alone. It isn't about having a few freckles on a white skin, or being dusky. It’s all about the way one carry's themselves with respect to their style of comminication, their confidence levels, their comfort in what they are wearing, their nobility, and good thoughts. And lastly, the famous saying goes” Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger pourush said...

i second u on tht..

1:06 AM  
Blogger Whirlwind said...

Thanks Pourush.

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home